I recently posted a video on my YouTube Channel where I made a delish vegan coconut dahl topped with fresh coriander. Now, it’s a pretty similar recipe to a dahl I posted last year on here – just a little simpler!
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Milk
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Red lentils
- Fresh Coriander
- *Natural Yoghurt (NOT vegan)*
- Heat a spoonful of coconut oil in a large saucepan and add 1 onion, diced
- Crush two cloves of garlic into the mix also
- Next it’s time to add your spices, start with salt and pepper then go in with some cumin and some turmeric
- Let the onions sweat with the spices to really get the flavours going!
- Now add a tin of coconut milk and a carton of chopped tomatoes and mix
- Add in a cup of red lentils and half a cup of quinoa
- Add some fresh veggies, I’ve gone for kale and broccoli – but I can’t really think of a vegetable that wouldn’t work in this!
- Reduce the gas and let the dahl simmer away for about half an hour
- Once ready, dish up into a big bowl and store the rest away to use another time
- Sprinkle a load of fresh coriander on top
- If you’re not vegan, a spoon of natural yoghurt would be delish too!
This is SO easy and SO delicious…It would be great to switch up the recipe and maybe serve with rice or homemade cornbread or even a pitta.